Scott William Franklin, MD
ENT Doctor in Georgetown, TX
Dr. Scott W. Franklin is a member of an elite group of highly qualified ENT physicians who also hold prestigious allergy and sleep medicine credentials.
He is double board certified in otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat issues) and sleep medicine by the American Board of Otolaryngology. He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy (AAOA) and passed his AAOA allergy certification exam in 2006. These credentials make Dr. Franklin uniquely capable of treating allergy, sleep/snoring, and ear, nose, and throat problems with a multitude of innovative medical and surgical means.
The combination of these specialties makes perfect sense. Dr. Franklin uses comprehensive hearing exams as a diagnostic tool for assessing and treating tinnitus and dizziness. And he uses allergy testing and allergy treatment to help control and prevent sinus disease. Following an evaluation, Dr. Franklin will discuss in detail his findings with you, as well as all your treatment options.
Dr. Franklin’s Credentials
Dr. Franklin received his bachelor of science from Texas A&M University, where he was a member of the Alpha Epsilon Delta medical honor society. While earning his medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Dr. Franklin was nominated for the Audry Murphy Award, runner-up for the Gold-Headed Cane Award for patient compassion, and winner of the C. Frank Webber Award for outstanding clinical research.
Dr. Franklin completed his residency training in otolaryngology - head and neck surgery at Louisiana State University Health Science Center in Shreveport, Louisiana, where he was awarded the Joseph E. Loewenstein House Officer Teaching Award and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha honor medical society.
In August of 2002, shortly after completing his residency, Dr. Franklin established Georgetown Ear, Nose & Throat.
Dr. Franklin has published numerous articles on various ENT topics, including septorhinoplasty, airway management, and head and neck tumor markers. He also served as president of the Williamson County Medical Society in 2007 and 2009.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas (1990)
- Medical degree: University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas (1995)
- Residency: Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, Shreveport, Louisiana (2002)
Certifications & Fellowships
- Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery: American Board of Otolaryngology
- Sleep Medicine: American Board of Otolaryngology
- Allergy Certification & Fellow: American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery (Fellow)
- Texas Medical Association
- Williamson County Medical Society
To schedule your appointment with Dr. Scott W. Franklin of Georgetown ENT in Georgetown, Texas, call (512) 869-0604 or request an appointment now.